Journal 4

The ELA Standards expect stridency to read, write, speak, listen, and use the English language in many different ways. One of the standards is to be able to use basic keyword searches and communicate with teachers and students. I feel very prepared to implement this standard because I feel like I make basic searches multiple times a day with school and life. I also am good at communicating and keeping up with my email and texts, especially since I have to communicate with numerous girls in my sorority.    

One resource I found was a virtual scenario or game that students can play called “Bianca’s Place Value Bubble Gum Factory.” This game helps students understand place value in an interactive way. Students are given a number, then they are asked to place each number in the correct value place. After, they are expected to separate the pieces into rappers according to place value. It teaches them what place value means while giving students a real world application. 

As a teacher, it is important to be a proficient Internet searcher because you could be put into scenarios where you need to find information fast. It could also save time when making lesson plans for exactly what you need. Out of all the Internet searching skills I learned this week, I think I will use the - sign in front of the word I do not want to see. I think this is a great way to find exactly what you want without unnecessary details. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Journal 1